Chicot County Training School
The Chicot County Training School is a 1929 Craftsman-style structure built with assistance of the Rosenwald Fund. It is significant as a part of Julius Rosenwald's legacy as the foremost benefactor to Negro education in the South, and as the only surviving Rosenwald School in Chicot County. The building was last used as a public school in 1975, when the campus was the city’s elementary and high school. After the building was no longer used as a public school, it was acquired by the Morris-Booker Memorial College Board. The National Register-listed building is still owned by the Morris-Booker Memorial College Board and has returned to educational use as a Head Start facility. Drive by on the African American Heritage Trail.