Blytheville Greyhound Bus Station
This Art Moderne style station was built in 1939. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places on August 17, 1987, it is believed to be the only one of its kind still in existence. The building houses the local tourist information center and exhibits, along with headquarters for Main Street Blytheville.
During the 1940s, numerous servicemen passed through the station on their way to war, while African Americans who were part of the mass exodus out of the Delta found passage to better lives in the North. A waiting room for "Colored Only" is a visible reminder of the Jim Crow "separate but equal" laws. A stop on the African American Heritage Trail.